The Biodôme, Botanical Garden, and Rio Tinto Alcan Planetarium are open on holiday. They recommend buying tickets online.
Here’s a partial list of what’s open and closed on Friday
Federal and local government offices will be closed.
Municipal offices will be closed.
– Malls and supermarkets, including grocery stores, will be closed. Convenience stores and pharmacies may remain open. Restaurants, bars and gas stations can remain open.
Most major bank branches will be closed.
SAQ and SQDC outlets will be closed.
– Canada Post will not collect or deliver mail, and Canada Post offices will be closed.
Atwater, Jean-Talon and Maisonneuve markets will be opened.
Most of the City of Montreal offices will be closed, including municipal offices, Montreal offices and permit counters. Some services will be available online.
– Household waste, bulky items, recyclables, food waste and green waste will be collected on time regularly in all Montreal neighborhoods.
– Swimming pools and sports centers in Montreal will operate according to schedules set by neighborhoods. Please check the local area website for more information or go to loisirs.montreal.ca.
Gosford Street Municipal Court will be closed.
– Environmental centers in Montreal will be open from 8 am to 6 pm
– All parking restrictions and parking meters remain in effect.
Montreal libraries and the House of Culture will be closed.
– Biodôme, Botanical Garden and Rio Tinto Alcan Planetarium opened. They recommend buying tickets online.
– Exo passenger trains for Fodrell Dorion will run on schedule on Sunday. For St-Jérôme, they will run on a weekend schedule. There will be no service on Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Candiac or Mascouche lines. Exo bus lines will operate on Saturday’s schedule.
– Société de Montreal buses and metro will operate on a special holiday schedule. Check stm.info
– The Laval Transport Association will be on Sunday’s schedule.
– Réseau de transport de Longueuil will operate according to Sunday’s schedule. Regular rides on modified transport have been canceled, so customers must order all rides, which are available from 6:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.