1) Celebrate the exodus from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Four Rivers Environmental Education Center in Shanahon. Features include live raptor shows from Hoo’s Woods Raptor Center, wildlife photography from local artists, bird seed for sale from The Feed Loft, birdhouses and sculptures for sale from PK’s Wood Things, food trucks (Lil’ Deb’s Mobile Eats), crafts, Family activities and information kiosks. free. all ages. For a complete list of programs and times, visit recnectwithnature.org.
2) Come to the Open House & Touch-A-Truck event from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at Manhattan Village Hall, 260 Market Place, Manhattan. Take a tour of the village hall and police department, snap your picture behind the office of Manhattan Mayor Mike Adrieansen, and explore a variety of trucks, cars, plows, and heavy equipment. Also, light refreshments, live audio music by Abby Collins, balloon twisting by Chat-Tastic Balloons and face painting by Valery. free. For information, call 815-418-2100 or villageofmanhattan.org.
3) Like cars? “We Roll for UCP-CDS,” a community auto show hosted by Prison City Kruisers, will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Crossroads Christian Church, 2312 Essington Road, Joliet. Classic car owners sign up at ucp-cds.org/events for $20 in advance or $25 on event day. Also a food truck and a 50/50 cashout. The event benefits from Juliet’s United Cerebral Palsy Center for Disability Services. For more information, call 815-744-3500 ext. 220. On Sunday, the Joliet Antique Auto Club Cruise will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Cantigny VFW 367, 826 Horseshoe Drive, Joliet. For information, contact Bill Muren at [email protected] or 815-210-5077.
4) Friends of Juliet Public Library will host a spring bookstore from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 1-3 p.m. Sunday at Juliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road, Juliet. On Sunday, bags will be available for one low price. Buyers fill the bag. For information, call 815-740-2660 or visit jolietlibrary.org.
5) A JJC percussion and guitar concert will take place at 3 p.m. Sunday at Joliet Junior College, 1214 Houbolt Road, J-0037 (Lower Level, Joliet. Features include compositions by Charles Mingus, Lennon/McCartney, Peter van der Stack and traditional Chilean folk tune organized by Philip Baviot (guitar band); Afro-Cuban, Brazilian, contemporary, and classical music genres (percussion group); and Calypso, Soca, Pop, Brazilian, Afro-Cuban and Classical Favorites (steel band). In person and for a virtual event To register, visit jjc.edu/choose -your-path/liberal-fine-arts.
• Would you like to highlight your event in this weekly feature? The first step is to submit your events to the Herald-News community calendar at shawlocal.com/the-herald-news/local-events/#!/ They are then considered for inclusion in this feature.