Celebrating its 50th anniversary, the European-born brand is bringing the brilliance back to travel with innovations across its global portfolio.
BETHESDA, Md.And the June 23, 2022 /PRNewswire/ – Confirmation Le Meridien Hotels & ResortsThis year’s fiftieth anniversary, the European-born brand celebrates its mid-century modern heritage as it highlights renovations that highlight and elevate this timeless style using design as a foundation to encourage guests to stay longer and savor the goodness of life as travel returns. With this resurgence, Le Méridien is opening up destinations around the world and encouraging guests to slow down and grab a rose during golden hour, enjoy a picnic with gelato, reconnect at the center or poolside, and enjoy life’s simple pleasures. Part of Marriott Bonvoy’s portfolio of 30 exceptional hotel brands, Le Méridien features more than 105 hotels and resorts in desirable destinations around the world, inviting culture seekers and creative minds to explore the world in style.
“Le Méridien has remained true to its roots and rich legacy dating back to its inception in the 1960s. When we look at this revival, it’s not just about the renovations. It’s a nod to the past, but it’s also about learning how we did it” We have adapted and evolved to meet the ever-changing needs of travelers around the world today,” said Jennifer Connell, Global Brand Leader, Le Meridien Hotels & Resorts and Vice President, Premium Brands, Marriott International. “Travel is back, however, and we want our guests to experience locations at a pace appropriate to entertain and relax while enjoying the simple pleasures of life at Familiar and elegant places.”
Today, the brand’s quintessential design embodies a playful, upscale aesthetic inspired by the French Riviera and laid-back, relaxed Mediterranean charm. Every detail is infused with contemporary, sophisticated and glamorous style. Always elegant with culture in mind, every hotel and resort within the collection looks to share an unknown dimension of destination.
“The essence of Le Meridien is based on thoughtful and meticulous design – a design that presents an interpretation of a destination with curated details that reflect the art, cuisine and culture of the region,” said Alia Khan, Vice President of Design, Lifestyle Brands, Marriott. international. “When thinking about the brand’s distinct European spirit, we salute design ideas that have the same impact they had fifty years ago to modernize our spaces. It is the relationship with and evolution of these concepts that allows the brand to transform and develop an expertise.”
Creative-minded travelers can fly an agenda without an agenda for these reimagined characteristics:
- Le Meridien Love, SplitThe hotel is located on the Dalmatian coast, a short drive from the center of Split, and offers stunning views of the Adriatic coast and the nearby islands. Revealing an extensive renovation of the hotel in April, the hotel’s redesign creates an airy, modern feel, paying homage to the hotel’s heritage, which features blue plaids mixed with rattan weave and champagne metallic accents. Mid-century black and white photographs document daily life in Split and are featured throughout the hotel, complementing the elegant ambiance.
- Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong KongExpected to reopen in July, the chic lifestyle hotel will completely transform into a mid-century modern aesthetic. To create a distinct and unique ambiance, the hotel’s design will focus on local natural materials that contrast with darker, tactile design features that are a nod to the local culture. Set against the backdrop of the picturesque Pok Phu Lam Reservoir and Victoria Peak, the hotel will be relaunched as a seaside destination inviting locals and travelers to discover and enjoy life in style.
- Le Meridien BangkokThe hotel is located in the business district of Silom, the Thai capital, and its complete renovation is scheduled to be completed this month. The redesigned rooms are infused with the essence of Thai culture spread around furniture and features tailored to the lifestyles of today’s international travelers. Protected under elegant cream curtains, the spacious rooms restore a sense of calm through muted tones, simple décor and well-planned spaciousness. In addition, the hotel’s food and beverage experience will receive upgrades including a new outdoor area in the lobby lounge, Latitude 13; a new bar for social gatherings called Tempo Bar, which takes its design cues from the rhythm of Bangkok’s skyline and the traditional golden curves of the city’s grand temples; And a new restaurant specializing in Memphis barbecues.
- Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel & SpaOriginally built in 1929 and located in Tarragona, the property completed a complete renovation in 2018 and has been renovated into a hotel with one of the largest spas in Spain. A wellness haven, built on the golden shore of San Salvador to take advantage of the benefits of the sunny climate and the healing properties of the nutrient-rich sea. The landscape that surrounds the area is honored by the hotel’s luxurious outdoor spaces, but also unconventionally by a distinctive modern touch: IMMEXRa. A multisensory meeting room, this space revolutionizes traditional event design to fuel the imagination. Creativity and innovation combine with a 360-degree view and adjustable scent system to create immersive, tailored experiences that turn any event into a multisensory journey.
- Le Meridien El MauriceBeautifully located beside the sandy beach Pointe aux Piments on the northwest coast of Mauritius, the new design of the beachfront resort, completed in April, is a nod to the island’s rich heritage showcasing local multicultural artwork and sensory experiences, creating an environment A stimulating and hot spot for art lovers and travelers from all continents in search of tropical inspiration. The timeless, elegant design draws inspiration from the brand’s roots in the glamorous days of travel and takes cues from resorts surrounding tropical landscapes. Modern and minimalist guest rooms transition seamlessly from outside to inside with touches of cream and blue complementing locally themed fabrics and custom headboards that reflect rustic materials sourced locally in Mauritius.
Looking into the future, the brand anticipates other hotels like Le Meridien New Orleans And the Le Meridien Tampa, Court To complete renovations next year.
To learn more about Le Méridien and to book accommodation, please visit www.lemeridien.com.
A note on forward-looking statementsThis press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the US federal securities laws, including statements regarding expected hotel renovations and similar statements regarding expected future events and expectations that are not historical facts. We caution you that these statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to many evolving risks and uncertainties that we may not be able to predict or accurately assess, including risk factors that we identify in SEC filings, including our most recent annual report on the form 10-K or quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Any of these factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the expectations we express or refer to in this press release. We make these forward-looking statements as of the date of this press release and undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
About Le Meridien® Hotels and resortsBorn in Paris in the 1960s during the age of glamorous travel, Le Meridien Hotels & Resorts continues to celebrate cultures around the world with the distinct European spirit of the good life. With more than 105 hotels and resorts in more than 30 countries and territories, spanning from the Maldives to Monaco and from Santa Monica to Sichuan, Le Méridien’s quaint mid-century-style spaces along with elegant signature programs lend a playful touch to art, coffee and sparkling cocktails, and summer , family, and inspiring travelers with creative minds to explore the world in style. Stay in touch with Le Méridien on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Le Méridien is proud to participate in Marriott Bonvoy®, the global travel program from Marriott International. The program offers members an extraordinary selection of global brands, exclusive Marriott Bonvoy Moments experiences and unparalleled benefits including complimentary nights and elite status recognition. To register for free or for more information about the program, visit Marriottbonvoy.com.
About Marriott BonvoyMarriott Bonvoy®’s exceptional portfolio offers renowned hospitality in the world’s most memorable destinations, with 30 brands tailored to every type of trip. Members can earn points for stays at hotels and resorts, including all-inclusive resorts and premium home rentals, and for everyday purchases with co-branded credit cards. Members can redeem their Points for experiences including future stays, Marriott Bonvoy moments, or through partners for luxury products from Marriott Bonvoy stores. To register for free or for more information about the Marriott Bonvoy Program, visit Marriottbonvoy.com.
View the original multimedia download content: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/from-bangkok-to-mauritius-le-meridien-hotels-resorts-enters-a-renovation-revival-301574200.html
SOURCE Marriott International, Inc.